5/29/08

Name of the Association

Deal all,

My name is Jorge Dias. I'm responsible for the AIM/COM/FDP training area, here in NAV Portugal Training Centre. I'm also friend and coleague of Fernando Lopes, one of our "mentors".
About the name of the Federation, I'd prefer to include COM and spell it as follows, International Federation of Aeronautical Information and Communications Associations(plural) and being so, I propose IFAICA.
I don't see a need on evidentiate AIM and not evidentiate COM.
"IFAIMCOMA" is ridiculous so, let's stick for "IFAICA", is simpler, is smaller and much more easy to spell.
This would also leave a door open for future adherences from Associations that are strictly COM Associations, which would give us a much wider and stronger influence.
I will be in Singapore on the 16th of June, hope to meet a lot of you there and we can discuss this and other subjects.
Bye for now.

Jorge Dias

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

same idea with Rui Batista (http://ifaicma.blogspot.com/2008/02/lets-voting.html) ..but its good,i suppose if COM include in the name of organization maybe can raise sense of belonging officers from COM. btw, the name also depend on whats the main idea to establish this organization? is it firming up AIM and COM?